Saturday, May 8, 2010
She believed in manners- even to the end when we were feeding her, her response was often "Thanks ever so much but I really don't want any."
She taught me how to 'sew' on a toy sewing machine that she and grandpa bought me.
She liked her coffee SO weak, instant- just a few granules of Nescafe Blend 43 with a squeeze of lemon.
She liked custard.
She was always taken by my engagement ring- ooing and ahhing whenever she saw it. I got to introduce and tell her about Toby over and over. She thought that 'he wanted a hair cut'. In a hospital bed, she said that she'd do it.
She hated having her photo taken, but always giggled when I took one. I'm so glad that I did.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
- Sleeping under the doona on our bed again.
- Having fresh cut roses from my garden inside every week!
- Cups of peppermint tea.
- Pretty light around 5:15pm.
- The calm before the 'report' storm.
- Painting my nails bright colours.
- Catching up on Master Chef online if we miss it!
- Meal planning- it makes dinner time so much easier!
- Quietish weekends.
- Encouraging emails from parents in my grade.