Friday, December 10, 2010
It was a lovely day. The kids really spoiled me at school with lots of cards and pictures and chocolates (!) and Tobes bought me some lovely things including this silver bracelet that one of the teachers at school is involved in making with her twin sister! :) I love it! :) Dinner was delicious and it was LOVELY to not have to cook and clean up after. I love birthdays!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Playing again with Lauren after a bit of a break!
1. Holiday spirit reminds me of my childhood and of simple, happy times.
2. The holidays are incomplete without family, friends, the tree, carols and decorations.
3. My favorite things to do around the holidays is spend time with family and friends and start to wind down after a busy year... and celebrate my birthday! :)
4. A holiday tradition my family and I have is always spending time together on Christmas day or Boxing day. We also have food traditions- we always have pfeffernusse, a German biscuit in memory of my nanny and old nanny, mum's shortbread and ginger nuts, my spiced sugar biscuits and rocky road and my old nanny's pineapple pudding- a custard, meringuey thing that sounds disgusting but is actually delicious! My cousin took over making it when nanny died and we always have to spot the thing that is different about it. In the past we've had it made with soy milk or diet jelly!
5. Holiday music is cheery and sets the scene for the holidays. Even the cheesy ones! I'm usually the one singing them for the community at carols by candlelights, but I'm having a break from that this year.
6. This year, I'll be spending the holidays with my dad's side for lunch and Toby's family in the evening.
7. Holiday wish list to have a clean and tidy house! :) And a bracelet from my coworker at school. And some papertryink stamps.
What about you?
Here we are (most of us anyway) last Friday evening when we were preparing to move into the new house. We had just taken settlement and spend the (rainy) evening unpacking glasses boxes and enjoying pizza with mum and dad and our new neighbours (and great friends) Wal and Steph and their girls. Rachel, Cooper and Ty visited earlier with a lovely bunch of flowers from their garden and some choccies and Tim stopped off later on the way back from work. We couldn't believe that we'd actually got to our settlement date and that we were going to actually move in the next day!
One of my favourite memories of this night was having everyone together. And earlier, before anyone else came, Tobes and I took some quiet time to sit on the floor of the room that is now our bedroom to pray over the house and to thank God for what he had done in allowing us to have it, and to sell our other place. We dedicated this new place to Him and asked Him to use it as He will, for His glory.
The following day was very full on! We awoke bright and early and spent the day carting boxes and furniture across town in our upgraded truck (thank you for a brother with a truck licence!) with the help of some wonderful family and friends- mum and dad, Tim (super driver), Rachel (organising queen!), Cooper (pocket rocket!), Graeme and Rach, Mat, Steve and Jack. Wal and Steph lent a hand when they could and were an amazing help. Mary and Phil popped in later in the night for a cuppa- phew. It was so lovely to have everyone there to celebrate and help us. And in the last week I've had coffees with many girlfriends here after work. So lovely. A BIG sleep was had that night and we continue to unpack.
Photos of the afters to come! :)