Saturday, August 11, 2012
At 7 months Matilda...
- had measurements taken at sleep school on 15/8/12
- weighs 9250g (93rd percentile)
- is 70cm long (83rd percentile)
- has a head circumference of 44.6cm (88th percentile)
- gives kisses to mummy and daddy. She gazes intently at you with an open mouth then slowly goes in to your cheek. She has been known to grab my face to pull me in. Too cute!
- 'Twinkles' her fingers for twinkle, twinkle little star
- waves hello and goodbye- often with both arms and sometimes her legs! She sometimes babbles and 'says' hello using the right sound inflections.
- Is a mover- this month she has mastered rolling and sitting
- blows raspberries. There were a few weeks where she was blowing them constantly, including on the floor boards!
- holds out her arm to be lifted.
- would rather stand than sit
- is getting more into solids but is still very much a breast fed girl (~3.5-4.5hrs/day). She sits at her chair to eat dinner with us- she shares our food. There have been times this month when she hasn't tolerated solids at all. Brown rice cereal is the favourite at the moment though she always has a go at what we are eating. She has been consistently keen on our risotto (I blitz it for a few seconds so it's a little smoother).
- is given a bath each night by daddy.
- has forgotten what sleep looks like. ;) Her sleeping is all over the place at night (often waking every 1.5hrs). We have been co-sleeping occasionally which works best for us all.
- Crawls! (1/8/12)
- is CLINGY! Velcro baby!!! This really kicked in around week 29-30- textbook separation anxiety.
- pulls the most ridiculous face when she is frustrated or angry. She really clenches her jaw and actually growls, causing her face to go red. Heaven help us!
- wears sizes 00 and some 0.
- Crawler nappies still...
- is sedated by the Baby Karaoke App on the iphone. It is only used when we are in the car for a long time and she is ready for a sleep or feed but we are nearly at our destination. Row your boat is especially effective!
- loves looking at faces and babies. I bought her a board book from the library with lots of photos of babies with animals. Best 20c I've spent. She crawls over to seek this book out, turns the pages and laughs to herself at them. I even spotted her giving one a kiss.
- Got her 3rd tooth- top left front on 3/8/12
- talks... a lot... must be from her father! ;)
- had her first visit to the farm and pony ride
- has a new pet kitten, 5 month old Basil. She loves to watch him play and to pat him. We always know where Baz is because Tilly's eyes follow him everywhere.
Here she is!
Friday, August 10, 2012
It has to start sometime! I've always been a lover of horses and I have a feeling that this little girl is following in her mum's footsteps here. When we visited the farm a few weeks ago I hoped that Tilly would be able to have a pony ride and that she would be interested...
|Having her first sit in the saddle with Daddy's help. She was very keen on sucking the horn!|
|First ride- 6.5 months ;)|
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Monday, August 6, 2012
August 6- Today I am grateful for a healthy and happy 7 month old. She might have us up often but she is smiley and doing all the right things. It's exciting to have her share our dinners at tea time now in her high chair, to splash in the bath and chat away to herself non stop (wonder who she got that from!).
Very fun to have several visitors today.
Very fun to have several visitors today.
Sunday, August 5, 2012
So yesterday we welcomed a new little man into our family. His name is Basil and he is 4-5 months old. We adopted him from the RSPCA and already he has made his way into our hearts. As I type this, he is snuggled into Toby's side on the couch as they have a Sunday nap together.
|RSPCA mug shots|
So here he is... and expect to see lots of this snuggly boy in the future!
Back in May when we were in Rutherglen for Nic and Ads' wedding we had these lovely photos taken alongside the Murray by our friend Ish.
I love the reflections on the water and how our little family is captured on this cold day!
I think that Tilly looks so sweet in her cardigan knitted by MY grade 1 teacher!!!! And her lovely shoes given by one of her gran's friends.
Even at 4 months old she loved to stand!
Very late getting these up but better late than never! I want to have these chronicled here but haven't always had the time to post them!
We spent Easter at the beach with my mum and dad and enjoyed a very relaxed time. Tilly was spoiled with a new dress and a bunny rabbit. I packed all of her bunny toys (which for some reason feature highly in her collection) and so we had a little photo shoot with them all. Too cute!
After church on Easter Sunday Tobes and I managed to slip out for a little under an hour for a stroll to the cliff and to see the Jerusalem Donkeys. Quite appropriate!
And something that made me laugh... Tilly send an sms to her cousins. This was their reply. :)