Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Seasons are changing.

The air is warm.
Outside, the breeze is tickling the wind chimes and making them sing.
The window is open by our bed, blowing  the sweet spring fragrance into our room.
I think that this is the first year I've noticed the air smelling so sweet.
The flowers are blooming and everything is back to life once again.
Higher than average rains have transformed the drought effected landscape.
Brown dirt and straw coloured grass have disappeared.
Green is everywhere and flowers, all the colours of the rainbow.
Summer and Christmas are just around the corner.

I've been thinking... this time of the year is mental! As a teacher, this time of the year is without a doubt the most frantic. Aside from the normal- birthdays, Christmas parties, church services, end of year wrap ups, things to buy, people to see, jobs to do, there are also assessments to complete, reports to write, groups of children to form into grades for the new school year. There are anxious parents and students to console who don't want to leave your grade or who are worried about the new teacher or who are concerned won't have a friend in their new class. It strikes me that I don't really stop to take in Christmas until December 17th, when we break up for summer holidays! Next year it will be even later!

I don't want to wish my life away, but I can't wait until I won't be 'working' at this time of year.
When I can sit back and take in the lead up to Christmas.
When I can sit with our kids and recapture the wonder of Christmas and all that it means.

How can I recapture this season, amongst all of the busyness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...