Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The sound of Summer

It has arrived. Summer has hit with warm, humid weather and all of the associated sounds.
Last night I heard cicadas chirping as I left for the staff Christmas party.
The mosquitoes were buzzing as we played lawn bowls into the night.
Tonight I hear the gentle hum of air conditioners in the surrounding homes.

This new house is great. I do loads of washing and hang them out on the veranda and they're dry in no time.
Today was a busy one. Tobes and I headed to the shopping centre at 9am (thinking that we'd beat the crowds- we didn't), but we were successful in grabbing the last tree (that we had chosen) from Big W. BARGAIN I tell you. It was $28 at full price (the others were upward from $78) and there is NOTHING wrong with it! The tree is taller than me, nice and bushy and covered in decorations that remind me of Christmas' past. It's covered with vintage and homemade goodies and clear fairy lights. I love it!
Again... more promises of photos to come.

We had our second last clean up of the old place this afternoon and will return for the final time tomorrow.  We spent a good hour chatting with our old neighbour too which was lovely. He was so helpful and supportive of me, especially back in my single days. Thank you God for Steve. :)

We're settling in well to our new home. Just need to get the computer up and running properly and I'll be back to normal blogging. But for now it's bed time and an attempt to sleep in this heat.  
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful Beck! I imagine the staff Christmas party was fun with lots of stories to share a few days later. ;-) I am looking forward to setting up our tree so I look forward to seeing yours! Have a superb weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...