Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

project gratitude: 0113

January 13: Today has been a full and wonderful day. 


Tilly slept for her normal 7 or so hours overnight and woke snuggly. It's been the busiest day of visitors yet, but there's also been some down time. 


Lois (Gran) visited this morning and brought with her the label for the quilt that she's made... too cute! Her and Tobes went out for an hour or two while Tilly and I cuddled at home.







Bec came for a visit and brought Emily with her. Amazing to see what a difference 4 weeks makes to the growth of a baby- though Milly was around 1kg heavier than Tilly at birth! It's very special to have old friends to share this special time with. Matilda got her first set of labels (which I was VERY excited about!).


We swapped babies!
Then.... such a treat! I checked my work email last night (seriously something that I do not do) and found an email from Monique and Morgyn, written just an hour or two earlier. I taught Morgyn for grade 2 in 2010 before they moved to Sydney (sniff) at the end of that year. We have emailed occasionally through that time but not seen each other. Fate had it that they were in Melbourne today and they wanted to know if we were free for a visit. I could not say no! SO lovely to see them after more than a year.
As a teacher, each child I teach has a special place in my heart, but there are some families that you work with who lodge themselves a little deeper. These guys are one of those families. It was brilliant to see Pops again (and we were glad that Toby's hot chocolate got an 8/10!). Just sad that Jenna couldn't make it too!



We will be spoiled with a meal from friends tonight and we have some in the fridge ready for others. I am grateful for friends caring for us through meals in this way. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...