Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

project gratitude: 1015

October 15- Today I am grateful for life that I had the opportunity this afternoon to stand with our friends Steph and Wal at the funeral of Amy, her niece. Of course I wish that there was no funeral and that Amy were still with those who loved her, but that was sadly not the case. Although it was a very sad event, particularly as she was so young and her death was the result of a river accident so unexpected, it was inspiring to hear more about this energetic and radiant girl who I had met only a handful of times. I couldn't help but feel that I would have liked to have been her friend too.
Attending a funeral, this one in particular, has caused me to stop and reflect upon how I am living my life and what sort of impression I am leaving on the world. As a mum. A wife. A daughter. A sister. A friend.
I can only hope and pray that I can brighten the lives of others as Amy did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...