Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

This is why I teach

Chloe is a dear, special girl who I taught last year. As a teacher, you're not meant to have favourites, but there are always a few kids that make an extra impact on you. Chloe is one of them.
She handed me this note in the corridor after school today with a shy smile.
It's when I get little notes like that from the kids that I realise why I teach.
I love to watch kids learn.
I love to watch them grapple with new and tricky concepts and then *finally* 'get it'.
I love it when they truly enjoy coming to school everyday, and knowing that the culture we create in our classroom influences that.
I love knowing that the kids feel loved and supported enough by me to miss me the following year, even when they have a fabulous teacher and are completely happy at school.

1 comment:

  1. i love this. i used to teach, but now i've taken an administrative role in my school. i blogged about my own little note that a former student gave me ... http://browneyedperspective.blogspot.com/2010/02/this-isnt-your-exs-love-note.html. i am always excited and giddy to find bloggers who are teachers, advocate for children and family services. kudos to you and your kiddos at school.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...