Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Day revision

It was a wonderful day.

Tobes and I had a sleep in, exchanged our gifts to each other and then got busy preparing for the day. I made a salad to take for lunch and Tobes finished off some wrapping.  We headed over to Tim and Rachel's place to open some pressies with my immediate family.  Kids always light up the day don't they? There's something magical about Christmas that children understand better than us adults. We must become used to the story and overwhelmed by the busyness of the season- let it not be so. After thanking each other and having a play with some of our new things, we made our way to my dad's sisters home for lunch with dad's side and my cousin from mum's side. Sadly, my aunt was unwell and had to stay at home. We enjoyed a yummy lunch and of course, our family tradition, pineapple pudding. After some family photos we headed home for a quiet hour, before spending the evening with my Anthea's partner's family.


Sensible now...

... not so much!

 That was lots of fun and I have to say, the best Christmas meal I have ever eaten. Melt in your mouth turkey, beef and honey glazed ham, with honey straight from Frank Senior's hives. Delicious! They are a welcoming and warm family with incredible stories to share. I won't share them here, but I will say that I left their home last night with a renewed appreciation for who God is and the power that He has.
He is the God of the impossible.
He answers prayer.
He protects those who love Him and answers when they call.
He is the same yesterday, today and forever.
It is His son whose birth we remembered yesterday and because of Him, I can know that powerful God. Amazing!
After the meal of meals, we went inside to share the presents and then we headed home.



It was certainly a full day, but it was fun.

I hope that you all had a great day too.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...