Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fill the blank: Holiday Spirit


Playing again with Lauren after a bit of a break!

1.   Holiday spirit reminds me of my childhood and of simple, happy times.

2.  The holidays are incomplete without family, friends, the tree, carols and decorations.

3.  My favorite things to do around the holidays is spend time with family and friends and start to wind down after a busy year... and celebrate my birthday! :)

4.  A holiday tradition my family and I have is   always spending time together on Christmas day or Boxing day. We also have food traditions- we always have pfeffernusse, a German biscuit in memory of my nanny and old nanny, mum's shortbread and ginger nuts, my spiced sugar biscuits and rocky road and my old nanny's pineapple pudding- a custard, meringuey thing that sounds disgusting but is actually delicious! My cousin took over making it when nanny died and we always have to spot the thing that is different about it. In the past we've had it made with soy milk or diet jelly!

5.  Holiday music is cheery and sets the scene for the holidays. Even the cheesy ones!  I'm usually the one singing  them for the community at carols by candlelights, but I'm having a break from that this year.

6.  This year, I'll be spending the holidays  with my dad's side for lunch and Toby's family in the evening. 

7.  Holiday wish list to have a clean and tidy house! :) And a bracelet from my coworker at school. And some papertryink stamps.

What about you?

1 comment:

  1. Ohh...stamps -- love them! I too enjoy a birthday around the holidays...non stop fun for weeks! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...