Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Easy Peasy Gluten Free Pancakes for a quick dessert!


At our house, we generally eat gluten free food. For us it's pretty easy. We cook rice or corn pasta and when we have bread, it's usually a special sourdough rye which is also delicious! Baking is something that I usually don't worry about going gluten free, but tonight I made these pancakes and they were great! Here's the recipe...

Easy Peasy Gluten Free Pancakes


1 cup multi-purpose gluten free flour
1tsp baking powder
1 cup milk (I used low fat) - plus extra if needed
1 egg (I used size 70 free range)
slurp of vanilla
little butter or oil to grease pan

Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
Crack the egg into the centre and begin to add the milk.
Whisk together, adding more milk if needed.
Whisk in some vanilla.
Drop mixture into the pan and flip over when bubbles form on the surface.

Makes around 8 pancakes

Delicious and quick! Tonight we ate them with maple and ice cream or berry jam and ice cream. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...