Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Lemon Butter


It's a rainy afternoon in Melbourne today, a stark contrast to our divine days of late!

With a huge collection of lemons that need using, I decided to try my hand at lemon butter using this recipe.

It was very easy and very quick. Next time I would add a little less sugar and a little more lemon!


Easy microwave lemon butter


Ingredients

4 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup water
2tsp lemon zest
125g butter (cubed)

Method
  1. Sterilise your jars (this quantity filled 3 Barilla pesto jars)
  2. To a glass jug add all ingredients
  3. Microwave on high for 2 mins and whisk.
  4. Microwave on high for a further 2 mins and whisk again.
  5. Microwave on high for a further 2 mins.
  6. Pour into jars and seal. 
Should keep in fridge for several weeks. Longer if the lid 'pops' closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...