It's a rainy afternoon in Melbourne today, a stark contrast to our divine days of late!
With a huge collection of lemons that need using, I decided to try my hand at lemon butter using this recipe.
It was very easy and very quick. Next time I would add a little less sugar and a little more lemon!
Easy microwave lemon butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup water
2tsp lemon zest
125g butter (cubed)
- Sterilise your jars (this quantity filled 3 Barilla pesto jars)
- To a glass jug add all ingredients
- Microwave on high for 2 mins and whisk.
- Microwave on high for a further 2 mins and whisk again.
- Microwave on high for a further 2 mins.
- Pour into jars and seal.
Should keep in fridge for several weeks. Longer if the lid 'pops' closed.