Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Things that make my day instantly better

Inspired my this post over at Martha Writes, I've decided to create my own list of things that make my day instantly better.

  • Hugs, kisses, cuddles and snuggles
  • Having the exact change when paying for something at the shops
  • Receiving mail... any type... email, little notes, especially surprise letters in the snail mail!
  • counting down the days until Christmas
  • smiling at strangers
  • taking photos of anything
  • spending some time with the laptop and my favourite blogs
  • hearing someone say they love me
  • loud praise and worship music
  • someone else cooking me a meal
  • a great coffee
  • going to bed with fresh sheets
  • sunny days
  • being welcomed at the door by my sweet cat, Sandy
  • the unconditional love of children
  • surprise little gifts from loved ones
  • being Auntie Beck to Coops and Ty and an 'honorary' one to several other sweeties!
  • sitting with old friends, when words aren't necessary
  • when kids at school 'get it' and learn something new
  • trying a new recipe and it being fantastic (especially if it was easy!)
  • bunches of flowers
  • chatting with far away friends for free on Skype
  • laughing until I cry
  • the simple life
  • decluttering
  • a hot shower when you've come in cold
  • the dentist telling you that there's nothing to be done! :)
  • giving or receiving a compliment
  • the smell of fresh baked bread
  • a great summer thunder storm
  • holidays
  • reading in a hammock
  • winning a prize
  • driving with the windows wide open, singing loudly to the radio
  • walking through a beautiful garden and taking in the natural beauty
  • sniffing fressias 
  • waking up for the first time and realising that you've still got lots more time to sleep
  • poaching an egg and it coming out perfectly runny :)
  • baby animals
  • going for a great horse ride- galloping on the beach
  • scrapbooking 
  • being creative
I'm sure that there are more things to add, but this is just the start. 

What makes your day better?.

1 comment:

  1. great list! Once you start thinking about what makes you happy, it is hard to stop the flood of ideas, isn't it... and I think thats the whole point. There is SO MUCH to be happy about!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...