Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dinner in the city


So Tobes and I did something last night that does not happen often for us. We went out. For dinner. To a nice restaurant. We're both pretty frugal and like to watch the purse-strings, so an $180 Ultimate Dinner for Two is not usually in our repertoire.

Lucky for us, I taught a sweet boy last year who's parents have links with the wonderful Bluestone.  We enjoyed a 3 course meal and our complimentary glass of french Champagne on arrival (it's ok- I just had a sip).

Please excuse sub-par quality iphone photos of our delish meals!
Entree/ me: Roast Quail stuffed with chestnuts, him: duck cassoulet
Main/ him: duck breast on wilted cos with confit duck spring-roll, me: eye fillet steak on veg. stack
Dessert/ shared dessert plate- chocolate cognac mousse, green apple sorbet, passion-fruit pavlova, creme brulee . 
Such a special treat! We unanimously decided that the entrees were the highlight of the night. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a crazy meal! I don't even think I'm brave enough to try things like roasted quail lol. But I looove steak... Yum :) Maybe someday my husband and I will go to a crazy expensive restaurant for a special occasion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...