Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day 2011

8am: Awoken from deep sleep. Opened a few pressies in bed before showering and having some breakfast (Toby decided on hindsight that the leftover trifle probably wasn't the best choice).

Toby with his European beer stash
I was directed to my email account and a voucher to spend on scrapbooking goodies!

9-9:40am: Church, where we giggled as we watched this...



9:40-10:50am: Back home to prepare for the rest of the day.

11am: Arrive at mum and dad's to collect a bottle of vino from the offsite 'cellar' for lunch.

11:30am-5pm: Christmas Lunch at Lois' place with Anth, Frank and friends of Lois, Ray and June.

My cheese platter 

Lois' lovely table

Lois tucking into lunch!

Anth and Frank getting into the bon-bons

Tobes and I about to start lunch... actually, I think that Tobes may have started!

My lunch... yum!
After lunch we took a fair break, to digest lunch and open our pressies!

Pressie time! Frank loved his electric guitar from Anth.  
Anth and Lois opening pressies
 Back to the kitchen and then to the table to enjoy our dessert!

Assembling desserts

Lois pouring the flaming brandy over the pudding 
Pudding time!

Anth's meringues with double cream, mulled berries and organic fresh berries! 

5pm: Realised the time and thought it best to get to my mum and dad's.

After a little sit down, we decided it was present time!



6pm: The heavens opened and we got something of a white Christmas!



6:30pm: Dinner time... leftover cold meat and salads, then the obligatory pineapple pudding. It's not Christmas without it!


9pm: Home time for us. Just enough time for a sit on the couch, a snuggle with Sandy and an earlyish night.

Christmas has come and gone again for another year! I hope that yours was wonderful.
What did you get up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...