Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

fill the blanks: travel


Lauren is another new mum, and as I often to, I am filling the blanks from over at her blog.

1.   My favorite place i've ever traveled to is Italy. I loved the weather, the language, the food, the wine, the sights, the landscape. We made a souvenir there... our Tilly! :)

2.  Africa is somewhere I'd love to go someday.


3.  I pass the time on a plane (or bus, or car ride or train) by reading, playing with my iphone and watching the in flight entertainment.

4.  My three must-haves when I travel are my camera, my journal and a good companion.   

5.  My favorite travel companion is  Tobes.

6.  The craziest thing that ever happened to me while traveling is that there was a tsunami warning on the first night of our honeymoon. We had arrived in the Cook Islands late the night before and were sleeping in. There was a knock on our door from management informing us that the Pacific Tsunami Warning System had been activated and that we should inform them before we went anywhere. What we didn't know was that the tsunami had already hit American Samoa with devastating effects and that the other side of our island had been affected also, with all the water exiting the harbour!

7.  The most exotic food I've ever tried while traveling is raw fish 'cooked' in lime and coconut juice.

8.  If I could live anywhere else, I'd live in... that is hard. If I could take my friends and family with me, I think that I'd be happy to go anywhere. But today I would choose Tasmania. It's that island at the bottom of Australia (that many people who are not from Australia forget about). It is full of wilderness and clean air and it's gorgeous. 


9.  I have been to four 
states in the U.S.


I don't know that we will be travelling too far from home for a little while now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...