Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

project gratitude: 0127

January 27: Today I am grateful for friends. We had a few people come today who we hadn't seen in a while and it was great to see them. For some it was the first time they'd met Matilda (Jon and Ross) and for others it was a repeat visit (Mary and Jen, mum and dad).

with Rossco Man

I am also grateful for laughter. I was saying to Tobes just the other day that I think we have been laughing more since Tilly was born. I'm not sure if it's fatigue that fuels our giggles or not, but we laugh everyday. Recent triggers include

  • me spilling my water bottle in the middle of a 2am feed. It went all over Tilly, Toby, me and our bed. Toby was fast asleep but woke up with a face that assumed I'd tipped it over him deliberately. Funny! (and luckily it was a warm night).
  • me whispering to Toby (when Tilly was sleeping) to put her in the pink sleeping bag and Toby answering loudly, repeating "PUT HER IN THE PINK" several times. We knew it wasn't that funny but we both lost it! Fatigue can be very humorous.
  • Toby declaring that Tilly looked like one of those plastic monkeys from the Barrel of Monkeys game. See pictures below.
 


For Tilly getting some sleep now (finally) after not much today.

For therapeutic ultrasound that may move this lump and prevent mastitis.

For Skype that lets me talk to my friend Sarah and introduce her to Tilly all the way away in Cairns, Queensland. 

Lastly, I am grateful for old family friends that love and care for us from a distance. Ann lives in Queensland and has known me since before I was born. Look what she made my Tilly and sent in the mail today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...