Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Shhh




Can you keep a secret?

I think she loves me the most.

She smiles biggest for me.

She stops crying quickest for me.

She falls asleep on me and wants to stay there.

She looks around the room for me when I'm not holding her.

She holds my hand and strokes my face when I am.

She seeks me out and tries to make me smile.

I'm trying to savour this stage and enjoy it as much as I can. Although it can be exhausting to be a babies 'one of choice'. I know that in the blink of an eye it will be all about someone else.

The fun and freedom of dad.
The play of friends.

I'll be 'just mum'... steadfast, there whenever she needs me, loving her from a distance. But for now, it's her and I.

And it's pretty fantastic.






1 comment:

  1. Matilda is so gorgeous and incredibly cute!!
    And you will never be "just mom"! A mom is always MOM :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...