Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Then and Now

Today was my first Mother's Day. I'll blog more about that another day. :)

After lunch I decided to try and reenact a favourite photo of mine from my past. 

It was taken in 1981 in my late grandparents garden, of mum and I on our first Mother's Day.

We braved the freezing temperature outside (around 10 degrees... maybe i'm a little soft!) and ventured into our front garden. We donned Tilly in the same outfit that I wore on my first Mother's Day. The dress and cardigan were knitted by my late grandma- Tilly's great-grandma which made it extra special. Mum got a little emotional seeing her dressed as I was.

The colours are different in my shot and Tilly is a month older than I was at the same time, but I love that we shot them. I love that I'm starting to see more and more of me in Tilly.  I love that mum kept so many of my old clothes and that Tilly gets to wear them too. And I'm glad that I remembered to take these today.

Then and now...    
Mother's Day 1981

Mother's Day 2012

Tilly with a smile that reminds me of mine at her age.


3 comments:

  1. She's just gorgeous Bec! I love this stage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anonymonous! :) It is certainly a fun stage... and we think she's gorgeous too!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos Beck. It is amazing how quickly they grow. Make the most of these early years. Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...