Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Being a mum


To be a mum is something that I've wanted for all of my life.

The joy I felt when I first discovered I was pregnant, when I first felt her move, when I first saw her on the ultrasound screen and when I first held her in my arms is comparable to nothing else in my life.

She is hard work! I have never been more tired in my life. My lower back is certainly not the same as it was before her! Being her mum requires me to be absolutely selfless at times and put her first. I had my first time alone (that wasn't to the supermarket or dentist!) last week when we were on holidays- sitting by the pool and reading and resting for just over an hour was absolute bliss. That would have been enjoyable before she arrived but not the dream that it felt like the other day.

Things feel like they're starting to turn now. That we are getting used to her disrupted sleep at night and that she is sleeping for longer stretches in the daytime. She is more interactive and funny (she knows it too!).

In many ways, this year has been one of the most challenging of my life. Much harder than my previous full time work. But she has taught me to slow down. To not sweat the small stuff. That days are long but months and years are short. What an incredible difference to one person I can be.

She is the best job in the world and I wouldn't change her for anything.



photos taken by Toby at home
on 19 February 2012 (6wks)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...