Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A sweet start to today

In Melbourne today we gave a public holiday for a horse race, the Melbourne Cup. I love horses but not racing so much. But I'm grateful for the holiday!

We shared dinner with some special old friends last night and slept in this morning. I love it when we're not rushed in the morning and can have a quiet chat and snuggle before officially starting the day. It's obe of the things that I was most looking forward to about being married! (Don't tell anyone but I'm actually still under the covers now!)
Tobes is playing Guitar Hero in the back room and we plan to see a movie later on in the day.

For me, this day usually symbolises the last relaxed one before beginning report writing. I've done a little bit (a very little bit) so far and will get more into it this week. Tobes is heading interstate for work for a few nights in the coming weeks, which although sad (I hate it when he's away) it means that I'll get some solid work done. :)

We're still waiting on the house to sell so we're a bit up in the air if we're moving in 3 weeks... Mental! We are trusting God and believing that He's got it all sorted.

Enjoy your day, be you working or reaping the benefits of the race that stops the nation!


2 comments:

  1. ha! I almost completely forgot it was on.
    So nice to get a public holiday out of it. I was wondering if it was one today since I don't get public hols off at my work. Only in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rinny! :) It's great to get a public holiday out of it. Tobes took yesterday too so he had an extra long weekend- I worked yesterday though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...