This is a couple of weeks late but you know, life happens when you have a little one!
At 3 months Matilda...
- weighs 6700g / 14lb 14oz (75th percentile)
- is 60cm long (50th percentile)
- has a head circumference of 40.5cm (75th percentile)
- still wears some newborn/0000 clothes but mainly gets around in 000 and 0-3 month clothes. They're not small anymore!
- wears crawler nappies (!!!)
- plays with her ears while feeding
- watches her reflection- mirrors are her favourite. The iphone camera in front mode is also a favourite!
- thinks that poking out her tongue is fun!
- consistently raises her head 45 degrees in tummy time.
- wakes happily.
- is getting into a routine.
- sleeps in her cot during the day from awake.
- has had her first visit to emergency and GP the next day for being sick, with a cold virus (the maternal hotline directed us to the hospital).
- still hates the bath but doesn't mind a shower with mum or dad.
- sometimes wears headbands.
- listens and watches when being read a book.
- sometimes cries in her sleep and has become more aware of her emotions- she has a short, louder cry if she is annoyed and wants to let us know it (e.g. if she thinks we take too long to get to her when she wakes, if she's hungry and I'm putting her in a position to feed... she'd rather complain than get started!).
- likes sitting looking over someone's shoulder.
- loves lying on her tummy over our arms (super Tilly!).
- has taken to crying loudly when hungry and not attaching, unless I stand up!
- has a slightly yellow tip of her nose at times.
- loves her flat pink Bebe ted.
- Week 10 and 11 were very significant for Tilly. She discovered her hands and learned to grab things and pull them into her mouth to suck. She also learned to hold her hands together in front of her- they are amazing to look at! It was in these weeks that she started to raise her head smoothly and keep it up during tummy time. She gave her first real belly laugh and we loved it!
Here she is... filling the basket more at 3 months old!