Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Valuing health


A dear friend of mine has had a very rough week. She's been in hospital for a full week, enduring lots of tests and some surgery. It was a pleasure to care for her daughter, M, as her mum underwent surgery on Friday and to spend time with her again today as mum was discharged and came home! Yay! We spent hours painting, reading, watching the ducks at the park and trying to make things as calm as possible for sweet little M, who has had what must be an unsettling week, even with her fantastic dad doing all he could to make things normal and many people loving on her.

It's made me reflect upon and consider once more a number of things...
~ that health is important.
~ how much we take it for granted.. 
~ that there is a special bond between old friends.
~ it is a privilege and an honor to care for others when they are most vulnerable.
~ it is precious to be loved by a child and to have them announce you as their friend.

These are all things that I knew before, but they've been at the fore of my mind this last week,
and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little blog!
I love to read your comments and to know that you've been here. I always try to write back too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...